Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bicycle Bicycle Bicycle






I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride my bicycle!


Bicycle Race is a hit single for the English rock band Queen. It was released on their 1978 album Jazz and written by Queen's frontman Freddie Mercury.



To release this song, Queen staged a bicycle race with 65 naked girls. A clip from this race was used as the single cover. The video was originally banned, and the video had to be re-edited with colour added to censor out any offensive imagery. The song is famed for its 'bicycle bell solo', which fans would often replicate live at Queen concerts with their own such bells.


The song makes numerous references to pop culture from the 1970s, including Jaws, Star Wars, Watergate, Peter Pan, Frankenstein, Superman, and the Vietnam War, among others.

2 comments:

Spacerabbit said...

I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride my bicycle!(with them..eiei)

Anonymous said...

ว่าจะซื้อสักคันมาปั่นบ้าง แค่คงไม่สวยเท่าคันของคุณน้ำ